PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Massing Tool

sjsl
2009-07-29, 06:19 PM
OK so I created this crazy form and applied a roof by face to it and then changed the shape of the mass. The roof is screwy and I am looking for the Remake tool that was in 09. Can someone please tell me where this went.

cliff collins
2009-07-29, 06:53 PM
In RAC 2010, the Conceptual Mass Tools are a new, separate piece of the program.

You now create the Conceptual Mass, then import it into a Mass Family, then load into the Project.

I believe that once the Conceptual Mass is loaded you can edit the Mass family, and then
"Re-Create" tools will be available.

I have not played with this much yet, but I think that the workflow has changed a bit
with the Conceptual Mass tools along with the standard Massing tools and "building maker" toolset.

cheers.............

sfaust
2009-07-29, 09:17 PM
You now create the Conceptual Mass, then import it into a Mass Family, then load into the Project.

You can still create an in-place mass just like you could before, it's just different tools for creating the geometry now.

As far as remake, the tool just got renamed. Select the roof and there should be a button on the context tab in the "Model by Face" panel called "Update to Face". Press that and it should update itself.

cliff collins
2009-07-29, 09:21 PM
Good clarification, Steve.

cheers.....