PDA

View Full Version : Revit Architecture 2009 to 2010 - Issues?

JohnnyFortune
2009-07-30, 01:49 AM
Anyone experienced odd or strange issues when upgrading a project from 2009 to 2010?

We have one project where it is reported that several views lost their visibility settings (i.e. several objects that were hidden in view now suddenly appear). The prints from each (2009 and 2010) I have reviewed are definitely different.

We have a couple of other projects where minor oddities have been reported. Nothing major - maybe some ceiling sketches acting funny.

patricks
2009-07-30, 12:52 PM
There were many documented printing issues with the initial release of 2010 that WU1 was supposed to fix. Have you installed WU1 on all machines yet?

JohnnyFortune
2009-07-31, 12:37 AM
yes we didn't even deploy until after the WU. Oddly enough it was not just printing. When we navigated to the views there were clearly objects that were off that suddenly are now displaying.

ws
2009-07-31, 09:36 AM
Biggest problem I have is that in every upgraded project joined roofs have lost their connection to the ridge tiles ( fascia sweeps) and gutters.

This mainly affects dormer roofs where the sweeps shrink to match the size of the roof before joined to the main roof (see attached submitted as an SR).
Any attempt to drag the end of the sweep back to the correct length produces a random length, often shorter of the sweep.
I've not found a workaround or cure and have not had a reply from Autodesk support yet.

It does not happen with brand new 2010 projects as far as I can tell but it is very embarassing on drawings and renders.