PDA

View Full Version : Shared Parameters

revitrookie
2009-07-30, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know where there is some information on shared parameters? I looked for an archived atp course but I couldn't find anything. I'm trying to set up our title blocks with shared parameters & keep getting these darned question marks.

guitarchitect7
2009-07-30, 07:36 PM
Honestly, do a search on this forum and you'll find all the info you need. Especially with titleblocks as this has been covered many times.

revitrookie
2009-07-31, 02:14 PM
ok here's the situation. I have shared parameters set up for my title block & they work fine in the drawing template that I already made, now I want to make another template in addition to the one I already have & the "out of the box" shared parameters work just fine but the custom parameters that I have already made in my title block wont work, when I make a test parameter it works fine. Do I have to remake all of my custom parameters? I hope that I'm explaining this well enough, I know I'm pretty new to Revit but I've searched AUGI, Revit City, google & found nothing that explains why it won't work.

twiceroadsfool
2009-07-31, 02:35 PM
Did you remember to also Load the Shared Parameters in to the Project Parameters, and not just the Titleblock Family?

revitrookie
2009-07-31, 03:55 PM
yes I did, that would be in the project file correct? I used Project information for the Categories and text for the group parameter & instance. I get the question marks to show up in the project file but I can't edit the question marks. I made a test shared parameter & it worked just fine. All of the parameters show up in the project information & I can add text there but it doesn't populate the title block. I don't know if I'm missing something somewhere.

twiceroadsfool
2009-07-31, 05:29 PM
Use Sheets instead of Project Information for the Project Parameter. :)

FYI youll have to remove the parameters that are under Project Information first...