PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Heights in Room Finish Schedule

hgrigel
2009-07-30, 06:58 PM
I am creating a Room Finish Schedule. Our typical schedules have included the following categories: Room #, Room Name, Floor Finish, Base Finish, North Wall Finish, East Wall Finish, South Wall Finish, West Wall Finish, Ceiling Finish, Ceiling Height & Comments. I created a schedule/quantity schedule which automatically fills in the categories other than the finishes. My biggest dilema is that the Rooms themselves have been assigned the generic limit offset of 10'-0". So my schedule has every room's Ceiling Height listed as 10'-0" instead of the values listed on the RCP ceiling tags. Is there any way to either pull that value from the ceiling tags or automatically get the rooms to read the ceiling itself as the upper boundary and not this generic value of 10'-0"? Thanks in advance for any input.

greg.mcdowell
2009-07-30, 07:10 PM
I suggested a way to do this in a previous thread.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=84029&highlight=ceiling+height

Doesn't always work but then I think that's a fault of how the project is modeled - the math is sound.

hgrigel
2009-07-30, 08:45 PM
Thanks Greg! I took a look at your suggestion and it has some glitches for my model. In rooms that have a uniform ceiling height it works great. However, I have a number of rooms with soffits and coves which don't work with the computation since the volume includes these areas. I think the solution for this specific project might be rely solely on the RCP for the heights. Really good suggestion!