PDA

View Full Version : Filled Region Problem

Allen Lacy
2004-11-05, 08:46 PM
In 7.0 I have a created a filled region in plan and then sent it to back. I come back later to modify and I can't select it. I have other filled regions in the same view that I can select (didn't send those to back). Have I sent it so far back that I can't reach it anymore ;) ?

Allen Lacy
2004-11-05, 09:31 PM
I figured it out (and learned something new). I had turned the line type visibility off that I used for the filled region border. Without the line type on, region cannot be selected.

It's a minor issue, but I think that regions should be able to be selected unless there are not visiblity is off (Detail Items).

beegee
2004-11-05, 11:04 PM
I don't follow this AL.

You changed the fill outline to an invisible line , correct ? You should still be able to select the filled region.

Allen Lacy
2004-11-08, 02:36 PM
I don't follow this AL.

You changed the fill outline to an invisible line , correct ? You should still be able to select the filled region.

No beegee. All I did was turn the line style off that I had used for the filled region "outline" (in this case, footballfield). Seems you need an "edge" visible to be able to select a filled region.

beegee
2004-11-08, 09:21 PM
OK, I understand.

I usually use an invisible line in such cases, then you can still select the fill.

Allen Lacy
2004-11-08, 09:31 PM
I usually use an invisible line in such cases, then you can still select the fill.
I do too, most of the time. But sometimes I find that invisible lines hide some linework that I want to see.