PDA

View Full Version : room tags

ntnik
2009-07-31, 09:34 PM
i have a portion of a building that is +/- 5 ft lower than my first floor...the room tags i am placing there are not showing up (they are turned on).....i changed the plan region info (raised cut plane up and the label became visible ) but with the cut plane high it misses cutting my windows on the lower area....how can i place my labels (room tags) into my lower level and have them visible?....i have the reference plane in that view set to the lower level floor....and the rooms are not being defined by the interior walls (they are all correct-walls are all to the floor)....when i try and define a room the space is defined as if i was using "area"...where is the room seperation line?

Scott D Davis
2009-07-31, 09:36 PM
Try using a Plan Region. Lets you set a different View Range for just a portion of the view.

ntnik
2009-07-31, 09:59 PM
i do have one there (sorry i didn't mention that)....its cut plane is lower than the one at the first floor....also when i'm in the lower plan and place toilets, urinals etc...they come in as if they are being placed on the first floor (so they are coming in high as well)

ntnik
2009-07-31, 10:22 PM
this hasn't ever been an issue....whats the relationship between the room tag and either the cut plane or reference plane???....oh yea....are there room seperation lines anymore (2010)...i ran a search in help and request came back blank

ntnik
2009-08-01, 05:49 PM
i found the room separation lines...i'm still not understanding why i cant see room tags in my plan region where i have lowered top , cut and bottom of view

ntnik
2009-08-02, 12:39 AM
fixed it....i should have used the lower level plan to put the names in rather than the 1st floor plan....so, feel free to ditch the thread