PDA

View Full Version : Edit Mass Sketch

nsinha73
2009-07-31, 11:34 PM
How on earth do I go back to edit the sketch of a Mass I did? Did "they"....ahem!! yes...them! Did them remove it altogether?

Scott Womack
2009-08-02, 09:37 PM
How on earth do I go back to edit the sketch of a Mass I did? Did "they"....ahem!! yes...them! Did them remove it altogether?

IT would depend upon the methodology with which you created the initial sketch for the mass. Yes, just beginning a mass, sketching a shape, etc. Then trying to edit that sketch again, it is gone. In 2010, You are supposed to (by Autodesk, NOT me) use reference lines to form the initial sketch. Then you can go back and edit the sketch. According to someone from Autodesk, the basic traditional sketch lines get "consumed" by the creation of the mass. Reference lines do not. Sorry, if this didn't help.

jzee.101345
2009-08-03, 01:26 AM
Have been bothered with the same question. But what if we need not only just move initial line but make some modifications like inserting more segments and so on - do we need to delete mass solid and make one from edited reference lines again? If so it is far less convinient and intuitive as it was in previous versions.

PaulB
2009-08-03, 02:22 AM
Yes, if you used lines originally then you will have to start from scratch with using reference lines instead.