PDA

View Full Version : RAC2010 - Mass Family Reference Planes

mmiles
2009-08-02, 03:42 PM
In a plan view, I began to layout various reference planes to create a skeleton for the spatial layout of my massing family

My problem is that in a 3D view, the ref. plane lines display at a level much higher than the level where they were drawn. This makes it difficult to determine which planes the auto snap feature is selecting. I find I have to zoom out so far to see the ref. plane I want to select, that I cannot accurately place my various lines to generate the geometry.

So, why are the ref. planes placed to high up in space, and how can i get them to display, in 3D and the level where I originally drew them?

Also, I see the default solid extrusion is something like 60 feet tall- is there a way to specify the height before hand, or to change the default height? If not, I know how to change it - it would be nice to not have to make the extra steps.

thanks.

mmiles
2009-08-04, 07:00 PM
see attached. There must be an explanation.....It would be nice if the ref. planes, which I drew in plan view, showed in 3D in a position relative to the level (workplane) they were drawn.

Mainly, I want to be able to draw and create forms in 3D views- as the new tools would indicate I am supposed to do - but the ref. planes are too far away from the work area to be effective.

On my second point - about the default height of forms- I have now created a few forms which are defaulting to a much smaller height (2 feet), and I am trying to figure out what is driving that.

thanks.