PDA

View Full Version : Join a Split Wall ( was .. how do I...)

Les Therrien
2004-11-05, 10:03 PM
merge two similar wall styles together. I cannot seem to remember. I swear I've done this before?

The two walls are the same and are connected end to end. They were split a one time & I now wish to reconnect them.

This happens automatically when you mirror a wall from its end point.

I would redraw the wall, but it's full of windows, etc...

Paul Monsef
2004-11-05, 10:38 PM
Sometimes by simply dragging the "blue dot" around matching walls will merge. Try disconnecting and then reconnect the walls.

...And I don't believe different wall type will merge into one wall > but i could be wrong. :)

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-11-06, 12:07 AM
Find the shape handle in plan (the blue dot) and double click on it. That should rejoin the walls without deleting the windows

Les Therrien
2004-11-06, 12:42 AM
It didn't work, but thanks anyways. It's not that important at the moment.

beegee
2004-11-06, 02:13 AM
Dimitri's method works.

That has always been the way to join walls that were previously split and it hasn't been changed in 7.0.

Make sure you select the blue dot in the centre of the wall and double click it.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-11-08, 01:34 AM
Les,

Just wondering, did you ever get this resolved?

rgesner
2005-11-22, 10:03 PM
Sometimes by simply dragging the "blue dot" around matching walls will merge. Try disconnecting and then reconnect the walls.

...And I don't believe different wall type will merge into one wall > but i could be wrong. :)

That works to merge walls that were originally one single wall and had been split.

Is there any way to merge walls into a single wall if they were originally drawn as separate walls, with different heights?

For example, I have an exterior multistory wall with a large opening down to the bottomon the first level. (looks like the bottom half of a fat H) The person who drew it drew it as three walls, the left and right sections full height and the center section extending from the second level to the top. Can these be merged into a single wall object?

The other way would have been to draw it as a single full height wall and cut the model opening in it. It just seems to me that this is the proper way to do it, but is there any real reason this is better than having three separate segments?

aaronrumple
2005-11-22, 11:10 PM
I would have drawn 3 segments typically. I don't use the opening tool much. Even if I need an opening I tend to edit profile instead.

For separate walls to merge as one wall, they all need to have exactly the same properties.

As for the end result, Revit doesn't care much.