PDA

View Full Version : Filter on System Walls

STHRevit
2009-08-04, 02:51 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering if you can apply a filter to a wall to hide layers in a wall type.
Example: We have a 230mm cavity wall with an external render and internal hardwall plaster. These are both set as finishes in the type properties.

What I want to do is create a filter to be able to hide only the fnishes on this wall type. Is there a way to filter the layers from a wall?

Normally we would create the finish as a separate wall and joint them to wall it relates to and we can filter them this way. This can be time consuming though.

Thanks

Scott Wilson
2009-08-04, 02:57 AM
I would love to be able to do this, too. I don't think it's possible, though.

m20roxxers
2009-08-04, 03:12 AM
For Finishes you can hide the lines but not any hatch patterns if they were also in the finishes themselves.

It's more a workaround and only really works for the finish areas.

But in your visibility/Graphic settings if you turn on cut line styles button (Bottom right) then open the button you can change the colours and line types of the different walls structures. If you have assigned your finishes to "Finish[5]" then you can change the colour of the line from white to black, therefore the lines disappear in view. Similar if you were to use the linework tool you can still see them when you highlight the item but they wont print.

However if you finishes require hatching aswell you may have issues there.

Andre Carvalho
2009-08-04, 12:32 PM
For Finishes you can hide the lines but not any hatch patterns if they were also in the finishes themselves.

It's more a workaround and only really works for the finish areas.

But in your visibility/Graphic settings if you turn on cut line styles button (Bottom right) then open the button you can change the colours and line types of the different walls structures. If you have assigned your finishes to "Finish[5]" then you can change the colour of the line from white to black, therefore the lines disappear in view. Similar if you were to use the linework tool you can still see them when you highlight the item but they wont print.

However if you finishes require hatching aswell you may have issues there.

But this workaround would hide the finish layers to all walls and not only one wall type as the O.P. wants...

Andre Carvalho