PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Deal with Operable Walls?

dgreen.49364
2009-08-04, 05:47 PM
Operable walls, usually used for splitting large meeting rooms and ball rooms into smaller ones, run on overhead tracks, usually paneled...the one time we've had that situation with Revit, we didn't bother to model it, we simply drew a heavy dashed line in plan. Do you model such a wall? How are others dealing with this type of wall?

pchan925
2009-08-04, 05:52 PM
Use Curtain wall feature or make a generic wall based family out of it

patricks
2009-08-04, 05:54 PM
With a family. I made a couple several years ago, one for panels with a center track, and one for panels that store offset from the track.

If I need a door in some of the panels, I usually just draw it in with model lines that will show up in plan and elevation views. Since they are part of the panel system and usually include proprietary hardware, I do not schedule them with other doors.

dgreen.49364
2009-08-04, 06:09 PM
Patrick, thanks, I'll take a look at those.

Here's the kicker...we use MasterSpec which catagorizes operable partitions under "Openings". It is a folding door. I am working on getting to a point where can schedule pretty much everything within the Revit model. If an operable wall is a folding door, how do I create a door family that doesn't have a wall to insert itself into? Or, in the case of a generic model, how do I schedule it properly?

patricks
2009-08-04, 06:47 PM
I think you can just change the family's Category to Doors and it will schedule properly. The ones I attached are Generic Models, so just change it from that to Doors.

cliff collins
2009-08-04, 07:34 PM
Patricks,

Tried out your family, changed category to doors, but it does not schedule.

Does it have to be hosted by a wall 1st, and then it will schedule?

cheers.......

wmullett
2009-08-04, 09:24 PM
When I changed the category, it scheduled, I could tag it and I could add open width and height in the schedule. You might want to tag it with your door tag to see if it works.

aaronrumple
2009-08-04, 09:53 PM
Patricks,

Does it have to be hosted by a wall 1st, and then it will schedule?

cheers.......

No - door's don't have to be hosted to schedule. We do that all the time with things like gates we want on the door schedule.

Check the filters and grouping on your schedule.

jebijosepaul101765071
2018-03-18, 06:21 AM
You can use Acoustic partitions to partition rooms. It is a flexible space dividing partition wall. Which is made of aluminum frame with excellent durability and rigidity. These sliding folding partition products shape space by providing flexible sight and sound dividing, enable to control your space.