PDA

View Full Version : wall attach to the roof

yanyan77
2009-08-05, 05:50 PM
when I attach the wall to the roof, I find the wall ends in the top line of the roof in the section. but i think the wall should should stop in the bottom of the roof, right?
is there any way to make the attach to the bottom of the roof?

cliff collins
2009-08-05, 06:19 PM
Try placing a reference plan to the underside of the roof, and then attach the wall to the reference plan, not the roof.

cheers......

PS-- the sloped reference plane is also good for attaching structural framing
members to--change the slope of the ref. plane, and all framing will adjust...

jeh.212740
2009-08-05, 07:15 PM
Its an issue with the function of the layers that comprise the wall and the roof.

jeh.212740
2009-08-05, 07:17 PM
Its an issue with the function of the layers that comprise the wall and the roof. Structure layer will attach to structure layer.

yanyan77
2009-08-05, 08:02 PM
i found if i change the structure layer in the wall to the substrate, it would stop at the bottom of the roof.

Gadget Man
2009-08-06, 07:23 AM
Look into the "square" brackets (inside your wall and roof structure Function column) for the number.

This number represents the priority (regardless of what the actual function name says). Lower the number higher the priority.

Priority "1" is the "most important", priority "5" is the "least important".

Lower number (higher priority) layer will cut through any other layer with higher number (lower priority). Layers of the same priority will join... usually :) ...

That's the basic description anyway...