PDA

View Full Version : New Arrow

STHRevit
2009-08-06, 02:26 AM
Is it possible to create a new arrow head?
I want use a 45deg arrow for text, however the OOTB Revit arrow is too big.

I also need to create a new dimension tick. Is this possible?

Scott D Davis
2009-08-06, 05:06 AM
New arrows/ticks no. But you can modify some properties of the OOTB ticks and arrows to create new ones that might meet your needs. In 2010: Manage>Settings>Arrowheads. If you make new types, you will need to edit your Dim Types to use the new arrowheads/ticks.

STHRevit
2009-08-06, 05:26 AM
Thanks Scott,
Got the arrow head to look acceptable now.
It is frustrating that I can't create a new dim tick.
I basically want the filled dot, just about 1/4 the size, but can't seem to be able to do that!

Now have to go to my client and tell him that he can't have the dim style he has been using for the last x amount of years in autocad and his documentationi will not be consistant between his revit and autocad projects.

As an outsourcing company, we deal with a large variety of protocols and standards and most of our clients are still using Autocad while switching to Revit. They expect a consistency in the output, after all the drawings are their product.

IMO this is a fairly simple request. Perhaps if Autodesk realised that they could move more units if customers can get the exact look the were getting from autocad, something might get done sooner rather than later.

Sorry Scott, I know it isn't your fault, just needed to vent.
Rant over.

Scott D Davis
2009-08-06, 05:55 AM
just make a new style using the filled dot, and adjust the size to make it as small as you need

STHRevit
2009-08-06, 05:57 AM
OK, I need to reply to my own post here.
It is possible to do what I wanted to do, and thanks to christian Theis at AEC Systems (Australia) for helping me with this one.

"You can create a custom dimension tick mark by going to the
Manage tab>Settings>Arrowheads.
Duplicate an existing type, then select the following preferences:
Arrow style: dot
Fill tick: yes
Tick size: 6mm (or whatever size you want)

When you create a new dim style, you will then have the option of applying this "arrowhead" under Tick Mark in the Type Properties dialogue."

Worked perfectly for what I wanted to do.
Just thought others might like to know.