PDA

View Full Version : Different floors

GirlForRevit
2009-08-06, 10:10 AM
Hello,

Im interested in some theme about floors, and how are u modeling this.
1. Do u first draw structural floor below and than architectural floor with layers
or
2. u draw several different architectural floors and than u join them??

Please answer.

Thanks

iankids
2009-08-06, 10:48 AM
I guess it would depend on what you are modelling.

If you are doing a multi-storey building with suspended concrete floors, then one would model the structure and then have an architectural finish / floor over.

If one was modelling a simple extension to a dwelling, I would use the one floor and set up the layers accordingly.

Cheers,

Ian

GirlForRevit
2009-08-06, 11:02 AM
" If one was modelling a simple extension to a dwelling, I would use the one floor and set up the layers accordingly."

Are u duplicate existing floor or....????
how do u use same floor ???
Im do not understand

iankids
2009-08-06, 08:30 PM
Duplicate an existing floor (or indeed any system family - walls - roofs etc) is the way to go.

Start the floor command - go to floor properties - edit type - duplicate - rename to whatever best suits - edit structure - amend, add or delete layers in the structure, changing their materials etc.

The floor layers are set up logically from top to bottom. Thus for me, a typical existing timber floor would look something like:

1 Finish 1 [4] Timber Flooring 19mm
2Core Boundary Layer
3Structure [1] Timber 200mm (this is for 100mm deep bearer and 100mm joist)
4Core Boundary Layer

The floor will now be correct total thickness. When I get to do the sections, I simply need to add a detail line to represent the joists and some detail items for the bearers

Cheers,

Ian

GirlForRevit
2009-08-07, 10:43 AM
Dear Ian,

when i drawing floor from parts, i may have mistakes, but when i draw structural slab below than architectural floors with layers, i do not have mistakes....
But some of gays in my firm tell me that two floors is not good solution.
Do u agree with me or with them?

jsteinhauer
2009-08-07, 03:37 PM
Dear Ian,

when i drawing floor from parts, i may have mistakes, but when i draw structural slab below than architectural floors with layers, i do not have mistakes....
But some of gays in my firm tell me that two floors is not good solution.
Do u agree with me or with them?

Dear GirlForRevit,

Did I just see a Freudian Slip in your post?

Anyways, I model my structural floor/slab then model my architectural finish floor on top of it. What this allows you to do is have different finishes/materials for different room, or even the same room. Then also schedule your finishes appropriately. Model it as how you would build it.

I duplicate an existing floor, rename it to something I understand, then modify the structure of the floor as described by others. If I want to get really fancy, I'll add the correct rendering appearance.

I hope this helps,
Jeff S.

GirlForRevit
2009-08-07, 05:41 PM
Dear GirlForRevit,

Did I just see a Freudian Slip in your post?

Anyways, I model my structural floor/slab then model my architectural finish floor on top of it. What this allows you to do is have different finishes/materials for different room, or even the same room. Then also schedule your finishes appropriately. Model it as how you would build it.

I duplicate an existing floor, rename it to something I understand, then modify the structure of the floor as described by others. If I want to get really fancy, I'll add the correct rendering appearance.

I hope this helps,
Jeff S.

Sweet Jeff S.,

I do it like u.

Freudian Slip???? Maybe :)

Thank You ....

gwnelson
2009-08-07, 06:01 PM
Sweet Jeff S.,

I do it like u.

Budding romance

GirlForRevit
2009-08-07, 06:29 PM
Meeeeeee?????????????

iankids
2009-08-07, 09:04 PM
Hi GFR,

Attached is a rft showing how I would typically do the various floors. Others may have different (better?) ways, but for the designs which I typically do, this approach works for me.

The section shows the 2d details for bearers and joists.

Cheers,

Ian

GirlForRevit
2009-08-07, 11:06 PM
Is that corect version of modeling????
I think that it is

thank you for attachment.

jsteinhauer
2009-08-07, 11:36 PM
Budding romance

Don't tell my wife. She might welcome the opportunity to pawn me off on someone else ;).

GirlForRevit
2009-08-10, 07:38 AM
WHAY ???? :)