PDA

View Full Version : RVT 2009 cannot snap to anything in elevtion

mthurnauer
2009-08-09, 01:00 AM
I am working on a project that I have used the revit residential template. I cannot snap to anything in my exterior elevation views. I assume this is a setting somewhere, but I don't have any idea where. Suggestions?

Scott D Davis
2009-08-09, 06:26 PM
What are you trying to draw? The workplane is probably set to Level One, and therefore you can only draw on level one. Reset your workplane to the face of a wall in your elevation, and then you can draw on that face.

mthurnauer
2009-08-16, 05:35 PM
Sorry, I am just getting back to this issue. I was in my exterior elevations and I wanted to draw some detail lines and I cannot snap to the model. Since I am drawing detail lines and mot model line, I would think that the reference plane would not matter. This is he first time I have ever encountered this and it is also the first tim that I used the revit 2009 default residential template.

gbrowne
2009-08-17, 02:38 PM
Make sure your elevation box on plan encapsulates the elevation of the building. If it doesn't, although you can see the elements, you can't snap to them.

Brockway
2009-08-17, 08:20 PM
Also check that the elevation is truly perpendicular to the model elements by dropping in a temporary elevation and checking the snaps in the new 'working' elevation. I've run into this before when, for some reason, the elevation got rotated ever so slightly. It all appears corect but the lack of snaps give it away that it's not truly perpendicular.