PDA

View Full Version : Transfering elevations between elevation markers

bulletproofdesign
2009-08-10, 05:17 AM
I have used a template to create a simple residential project. This project is for a new colleague and he requires all 4 elevation markers to be attached to the same elevation marker (bubble). I currently have 4 separate elevation markers with 1 view attached to each. Is there any way to transfer an already detailed view between markers, or will I need to cut and paste all detail items after creating new elevation views on the same elevation marker.

Any thoughts?

gbrowne
2009-08-10, 08:29 AM
As far as I know you need to copy paste. If you want them all to be on the same marker, your going to have to fake a marker, perhaps create an annotation family, then turn off the real ones. Bit of a pain, but the only way graphically..

patricks
2009-08-10, 08:38 PM
Also note that if you have multiple elevations on the same bubble, all those elevations must be placed on the same sheet. Otherwise the elevation mark will break and won't report the correct information.

bulletproofdesign
2009-08-10, 09:06 PM
As far as I know you need to copy paste. If you want them all to be on the same marker, your going to have to fake a marker, perhaps create an annotation family, then turn off the real ones. Bit of a pain, but the only way graphically..

Thanks for the hints. I just made an annotation symbol and hid my markers...

Good to see that similar solutions are similar!
peace