PDA

View Full Version : Collaboration in REVIT

agustnj.187972
2009-08-10, 10:03 AM
My question is aboute when i am going to send my Central file file to engineer. My files size if i am going to send all of the central file the it is aboute 44mb but if i send only the *.rvt file it is 12mb??

Ok do i send all of the central file?? or do i only send the *.rvt file ??

kwatson02118197363
2009-08-10, 10:18 AM
You would need to send a Central File to your engineer. If you mean sending your local file when you say .rvt you would have to make that a Central File before you sent it anyway. If you just send them your local file without Detaching from Central and making it a new Central the consultants on the other side will get errors and won't be able to use it. In our office we upload all of our large Revit files to an ftp site.

agustnj.187972
2009-08-10, 10:39 AM
Ok I have central file but if i am going to send allt of the central file it will be 44mb but if i only send the *.rvt file from the central file it will be 12mb. So when the project will go futher and bigger the all of the central file will be huge to send on project web.

Andre Carvalho
2009-08-10, 12:12 PM
Open your local file and select the option to detach it from the central. Then save as another name and send only the resultant RVT file.

Andre Carvalho

Haden
2009-08-11, 12:17 AM
...if i am going to send allt of the central file it will be 44mb but if i only send the *.rvt file from the central file it will be 12mb.

The central file is just a single .rvt file. If you are asking whether you need to also send the folder named <central-file-name_Backup> and all of its contents, the answer is no. This is just information that Revit uses if you decide to roll back or save previous backups of your central file, and is not needed once you have saved your central file with all your changes and are ready to pass it on to consultants.