PDA

View Full Version : How to draw this roof?

Jason
2004-11-07, 05:10 PM
To most of your experienced reviteers, this roof is simple to draw. But I don't even know to how to begin.

How do you draw the concave portion of the roof and integrated into the lower roof over the entrance and tie it into the main roof and the gable portion over the door? Can all this be done in one?

Jason

Steve Cashman
2004-11-07, 06:44 PM
Jason,

No image was attached to the post.

Jason
2004-11-07, 07:01 PM
Thanks Steve. Silly me. I have been sitting here waiting for a reply. Here it is.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-11-07, 08:56 PM
Jason,
Try breaking the roof down into its component parts. Start with the main gable form and add other pieces. Use the Jon Roof tools to connect the roofs to walls and to each other.
The curved portion of the roof should be created using the Roof by Extrusion option.
Check out the roof tutorials. They provide a pretty good start in how to create roofs of various types.

Henry D
2004-11-07, 09:05 PM
This is a link to a good Revit roof tutorial which shows you how to do various types of roofs...hope this helps:

http://revit.autodesk.com/pillar/custserv/web/service/support_4.0/faq/Implementation_Series/week_7/week_7.html#Start%20Roof%20Exercises

Jason
2004-11-08, 05:34 PM
Henry

Is there a PDF of the excercises you have recommended. I would like to keep a copy of it on my computer. Thank you all for you direction.