PDA

View Full Version : Out of plane glazing in Elevations

jordank
2009-08-10, 04:10 PM
Hi all,
I have an odd thing happening where my glass is not going opaque in my elevation views the way it should. The glass is part of a curtain system that has been applied to a mass and is canted forward. I tried making the glass not transparent and even just replacing it with solid panels but even the solid panels are showing transparent! The only explanation I can think of it that the curtain panels are not parallel to the view. Has anyone ever wrestled with this one or have any advise? Thanks.

wmullett
2009-08-10, 04:26 PM
You haven't said if you looked at VG to see if you set curtain panels to transparent. Look there first.

Also look to see if you have over-riddin the elements in view. If you did by category - that would show in VG but by element will not.

Scott D Davis
2009-08-10, 04:31 PM
Glass wont show transparent in an elevation view. It must be a 3D view, oreineted to an elevation, to show glass transparently. Not sure why, but its always been that way. You can hide the glass in that elevation view so there is no glass...

Edit: re-reading your original post, I had it backwards! I though you were trying to get transparent glass in elevations...you are having the opposite problem where the glass wont go opaque! The other posts here should help you.

stuntmonkee
2009-08-10, 04:57 PM
Are you set to hidden lines and not wireframe? A mistake that I have seen/made more than once.