PDA

View Full Version : PCP, Revit and AutoCAD

revituser.216690
2009-08-10, 06:17 PM
I understand when Revit exports to DWG, it also exports a PCP file along. Within autoCAD I could convert this PCP file into a Plot style pen table. But when I print using this pen table, I DONT get my pen thickness, etc. similar to Revit. Is there any reason for this not to work.
These are the things I tried:
1. I had tweaked the import/export settings in Revit. So, I went ahead and imported the AIA std pen settings and tried creating a CTB file. Still does not work.
2. Within autocad I AM selecting the "Plot with plotstyle" option. Still the printed sheet from autocad is very different from Revit.
Any thoughts.
Thank you in advance.
John.

cdatechguy
2009-08-10, 09:08 PM
Select all the pen colors and turn off dithering....and make sure your new plot style is set in the page setup...

Andrew Dobson
2009-08-11, 12:07 PM
I ignore the PCP files and print using the AutoCAD "MONOCHROME" Plot style. This works fine for me.

dgreen.49364
2009-08-11, 03:36 PM
We have modified the export layer and pen settings in Revit to match our old AutoCAD layers and pen colors. We plot the AutoCAD exports with our old ctb files and all plots are fine. Nothing to mess with or adjust beforehand. You can dial in your export settings pretty good this way.

revituser.216690
2009-08-11, 03:59 PM
Select all the pen colors and turn off dithering....and make sure your new plot style is set in the page setup...
Turning off dithering does not work. I have attached the scan image of print from autocad and revit along. This is from an autodesk training file with the AIA export pen settings.
Thanks for any help.

revituser.216690
2009-08-11, 04:22 PM
Thanks Andrew. Monochrome works fine. Also, "AIA LWT by Object. CTB" works fine and makes sense! It looks like revit exports objects with lineweights and the PCP file is just useless.
Dgreen: your suggestion is good too. But we want to move towards an industry standard like that of AIA or of Revit. And the above solution is the best for us. This will also give us a chance to convince the client to follow the AIA stds and spare us from trying to match each and every client's cad stds.... in a revit world