PDA

View Full Version : ObjectDBX issue

mjsregister
2004-11-07, 08:30 PM
I've got a program that uses Object DBX that runs pretty solid about 95% of the time...

That 5% ends up with an automation error and usually a Fatal Error. Not good. The error is:

Run-time error -2147417848 - The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

The only thing I can imagine is that two people hit the same files that the program calls via ObjectDbx.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Matthew

Ed Jobe
2004-11-08, 04:27 PM
You havn't provided enough information as to what your code is doing, but you can try this search (http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=msdn&st=a&na=84&qu=-2147417848+clients&qp=&qa=&qn=&c=10&s=1) at msdn.

chatcher
2004-11-09, 09:47 PM
I used to run into this when batching drawings using AutoCad too. It usually happens when AutoCad (for some reason unknown to me) has a problem with a drawing and crashes. It used to happen on a regular basis with R14 due to a memory leak. If I remember correctly, we used to have a similar problem with Mechanical Arx too.

The error indicates that the server object, in your case objectdbx has stopped running or crashed and as a result, you are disconnected from the process.

Have your error trapping report the last drawing opened so you can investigate why.

Not much help, but that's all I have.