PDA

View Full Version : Movie capture of 2010

krista.manna
2009-08-11, 02:39 PM
I'm trying to capture a video of how to set up a new project. However, all of the information on the right hand side of the application menu does not show up in the video. The only way I see around this is to screen capture & overlay what should be there in the video. This seems like a backwards way to do this. Anyone else have the same experience or a better solution? This only seems to happen when I try and capture a video. screen shots it captures without a problem.

-K-

cliff collins
2009-08-11, 02:46 PM
How are you capturing the movie? Which software? A bit more info is helpful.

Using Camtasia we have not had that problem.

cheers.......

krista.manna
2009-08-11, 02:47 PM
I've been using Camtasia. However, I just tried using Jing and had no problems. I would prefer to use Jing because it works, however, my company does not want the Jing logo after the video and will not pay to upgrade because they already purchased Camtasia last year. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

jsteinhauer
2009-08-11, 03:41 PM
I've been using Camtasia. However, I just tried using Jing and had no problems. I would prefer to use Jing because it works, however, my company does not want the Jing logo after the video and will not pay to upgrade because they already purchased Camtasia last year. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

I purchased a $10-20 cord for my home PC that allows me to watch videos from my computer on my television. It is an S-Video to RCA. You could record the video feed to a DVR or VCR. Sometimes if software is causing you an issue, throw some hardware in the mix. I also have TV Tuner card. If I want to record something from the Tele, I can then use my PC as a DVR. You could record to a DVR then play it back and capture it with the TV Tuner Card. That would be the long way of fixing your problem.

Sorry if this doesn't help.

Jeff S.

BigBadBIM
2009-08-12, 12:36 AM

Seems to me like a resolution issue. I would check Camtasia's website for help. Although you might find a Camtasia guru here to, it's not really a Revit "thing."