PDA

View Full Version : Can't see my light fixtures...Any suggestions?

pmccollough
2009-08-13, 12:42 AM
As a consultant, I am working on someone else's project file, which I have detached and renamed, however, everytime I try and place a recessed light fixture in the RCP, I receive the following warning....
*None of the created elements are visible in Reflected Ceiling Plan: BACKGROUND_RCP LEVEL 1 View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.
I have checked all of the Visibility Graphic settings but cannot seem to see or select my fixture model in the RCP view. It does, however, show the cut in the ACT ceiling but not the fixture. I can see my fixture placement in Section and in 3D and it is correct but not in RCP, can someone explain how I can resolve this problem?
I appreciate your assistance
Thank you

BigBadBIM
2009-08-13, 01:29 AM
As a consultant, I am working on someone else's project file, which I have detached and renamed, however, everytime I try and place a recessed light fixture in the RCP, I receive the following warning....
*None of the created elements are visible in Reflected Ceiling Plan: BACKGROUND_RCP LEVEL 1 View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.
I have checked all of the Visibility Graphic settings but cannot seem to see or select my fixture model in the RCP view. It does, however, show the cut in the ACT ceiling but not the fixture. I can see my fixture placement in Section and in 3D and it is correct but not in RCP, can someone explain how I can resolve this problem?
I appreciate your assistance
Thank you

You said that you checked all of the Vis/Graph setting, but did you check the "worksets" tab of that dialog to see if the workset you are placing the lights on is turned off? Of course this only applies if it's a work shared model.

I would also check the "View Range" in the View properties. RCP can be tricky to set up, but if you do a search if the forums you'll find some good help.

cliff collins
2009-08-13, 02:43 PM
You need to move the cut plane up with View Range so you can see the light fixtures
in the RCP. Go to the RCP view, right click, go to View Properties, scroll down to view range. Adjust cut plane to a height where you will see the light fixtures.

Also make sure light fixtures are turned on, they are on the right workset
and that workset is on, etc as mentioned in other post.

cheers.....