PDA

View Full Version : 6.1 Conversion to 7.0

Doug
2004-11-08, 01:40 PM
I am about to start a new project that the new roof tool Will make life easier. Is there a problem doing the design in 6.1 and converting to 7.0 later or is it better to work with the slowness problem of 7.0?

Thanks

Doug

bclarch
2004-11-08, 03:35 PM
Performance in 7.0 has been variable with some people experiencing severe slow downs and some none at all. As such it is difficult to give you a definitive answer since it will depend on how your system works with 7.0. I would save a copy of one of your old 6.1 projects and then open the copy in 7.0 and play around a bit. Then make your decision based on how your system performs.

Martin P
2004-11-08, 03:36 PM
Upgrading the project later shouldnt cause you any major problems. You get the odd thing now and again with maybe sweeps or something, but generally no problems upgrading.

I will be wating until a couple of weeks after the release of the next build before I upgrade any projects.... It can be a very stressful situation to put yourself in if things start to go a bit wonky with a critical project, I would advise 6.1 until then...

jarod.tulanowski
2004-11-08, 05:58 PM
I would stay with 6.1 for now, unless you are doing renderings. the rendering quality is much better in 7.0. Of course you can upgrade a copy of your 6.1 project and render it separately.

Doug
2004-11-09, 11:57 AM
Thank guys... I am going to stick with 6.1 for now.. I am having a hugh slow down.
7.0 Works fine for a while... Have done all the tricks to make it work better