PDA

View Full Version : "Blocky" Level Annotation Text ( was - Small Problem, but annoying....

Damo
2004-11-08, 03:04 PM
In the scale of things, this is really minor, but irritating.

In Revit 7 my 'Level' annotation text seems very blocky, as if it's Bold or some non-standard font. (It's actually 2mm Arial). I've opened the family and made the usual checks. Line weight is 1, colour Black.

I've even changed the font, but same appearance, - chunky and blocky.

Situation exists on several Projects.

Any ideas?

sfaust
2004-11-08, 08:54 PM
This has been mentioned as something that might happen when overlay planes are turned on under the graphics settings. I turned mine on and all of my text looks a little blocky, but it prints fine and the overlay planes make the program run faster so I think it's worth it. Would be nice to have it fixed though...

Damo
2004-11-09, 10:36 AM
This has been mentioned as something that might happen when overlay planes are turned on under the graphics settings. I turned mine on and all of my text looks a little blocky, but it prints fine and the overlay planes make the program run faster so I think it's worth it. Would be nice to have it fixed though...Thanks Steve. It was the Overlay Planes tick-box just as you identified.

It's interesting to note that, whilst the sheet view in Revit shows the text blocky, the Print Preview doesn't.