PDA

View Full Version : Revision Numbering

troy.crandell635379
2009-08-13, 05:47 PM
Ok, I know you can switch from numeric to alpha characters when adding revisions, but when using numeric values, is it possible to use 0?

wmullett
2009-08-13, 08:27 PM
I'm sorry but questions like this just floor me. If you click on settings\revisions you will se that the first one defaults to 1 and there is no way to change it that I know of.

troy.crandell635379
2009-08-13, 08:57 PM
I'm sorry but questions like this just floor me. If you click on settings\revisions you will se that the first one defaults to 1 and there is no way to change it that I know of.

Obviously, but you never know when someone out there has figured out a way to buck the system.

mostafa90
2012-03-04, 08:07 AM
i normally use the letter "O" in the alphabetical mode. Tricky isn't it.

Alfredo Medina
2012-03-04, 01:42 PM
One workaround is to use the existing Revision Sequence parameter (which is an integer) to drive the value of a new calculated value (text), such as "Rev #", in this way: (for example)

if(Revision Sequence = 1, "0", if(Revision Sequence = 2, "1", if(Revision Sequence = 3, "2",if(Revision Sequence = 4, "3", " "))))

Then, in the revision schedule, you need to hide the actual revision number and show the custom "Rev #" instead.

Just be aware that this will not be automatically coordinated with revision tags. That will need to be modified manually.