PDA

View Full Version : Stairs in Reflected Ceiling Plan

ahower
2009-08-13, 07:18 PM
I tried searching for this, but every time I put it in, the forums gave me this message:

The search term you specified (in) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

Anyway ....

My stairs refuse to show in any reflected ceiling plan. Does anyone know how to get them to show up?

cliff collins
2009-08-13, 07:49 PM
Are the treads and risers open? or concealed on the bottom? If concealed,
you would be looking at the bottom of a plane, not seeing the individual treads/risers?

Also, try adjusting the View Depth in the RCP view, to raise the cut plane. see attached
PDF.

cheers.......

iankids
2009-08-13, 07:49 PM
Hi ahower,

The stairs show up fine for me in any ceiling level plan. A couple of things to possibly checked - in no particular order.

Visibility Graphics (VG) - check that stairs are selected to be visible in the view

Associated level - Check that the associated level of the plan you are viewing is correct (Right click the view - properties look about two thirds of the way down should be greyed out) Once when I was copying levels, I created a level which was associated to my datum level (well below the model) and nothing was visible on it!

If you haven't got anything hosted on the level, simply delete it and create a fresh on to see if that fixes things up.

Cheers,

Ian

ahower
2009-08-13, 07:54 PM
Hi ahower,

The stairs show up fine for me in any ceiling level plan. A couple of things to possibly checked - in no particular order.

Visibility Graphics (VG) - check that stairs are selected to be visible in the view

Associated level - Check that the associated level of the plan you are viewing is correct (Right click the view - properties look about two thirds of the way down should be greyed out) Once when I was copying levels, I created a level which was associated to my datum level (well below the model) and nothing was visible on it!

If you haven't got anything hosted on the level, simply delete it and create a fresh on to see if that fixes things up.

Cheers,

Ian

I tried all those, but no dice =(

(I hadn't thought of checking the assoc. level though hehe =)

The stair outline shows up, but it completely transparent. This may be ok on a blow up, but on an eighth scale 24x36 you'll never see the stair outline. Combine that with the fact that you can see the exposed steel through the hole where the underside of the stair should be, and it looks terrible.

ahower
2009-08-13, 07:59 PM
Are the treads and risers open? or concealed on the bottom? If concealed,
you would be looking at the bottom of a plane, not seeing the individual treads/risers?

Also, try adjusting the View Depth in the RCP view, to raise the cut plane. see attached
PDF.

cheers.......

I would assume they're concealed. They were the stairs that came with Revit hehe (I've done several Revit jobs, but this is the first I've done with multistories).

Even if they were open though, all I can see is an outline of where they should be and the exposed steel above.

My view depth is ok too.

ahower
2009-08-13, 08:14 PM
Should have added this image in the beginning.

cliff collins
2009-08-13, 08:16 PM
Can you post an example?

cheers...

patricks
2009-08-13, 09:37 PM
In your VG overrides, expand Stairs and check the visibility of stairs and stringers beyond cut line.

ahower
2009-08-14, 01:21 PM
In your VG overrides, expand Stairs and check the visibility of stairs and stringers beyond cut line.

They're all checked as visible.

I'm about to just put some filled region and detail lines or something to simulate drywall or risers underneath.

jsteinhauer
2009-08-14, 01:42 PM
I can barely tell what is the stairs in that image. Did you try making the view hidden? It might be as simple as the view is currently on wire frame. Also, did someone else on the project graphically override the stair family in that view? Select the stairs, right click and look at the graphic overrides by view. If it is, then select reset.

Those are the options as I see them. A bigger crop of your screen may help.

Jeff S.

Andre Carvalho
2009-08-14, 01:46 PM
They're all checked as visible.

I'm about to just put some filled region and detail lines or something to simulate drywall or risers underneath.

If what you are about to do is a workaround, then why don't you duplicate a plan view, turn everything off but the stairs on VG overrides, then move this view on top of the RCP view on a sheet. The views will align and you'll see the stairs with risers.

On your stair view, you'll need to turn off the UP and DN arrows, and maybe override the graphics to show dashed lines or any other of your preference.

Andre Carvalho

ahower
2009-08-14, 02:15 PM
I can barely tell what is the stairs in that image. Did you try making the view hidden? It might be as simple as the view is currently on wire frame. Also, did someone else on the project graphically override the stair family in that view? Select the stairs, right click and look at the graphic overrides by view. If it is, then select reset.

Those are the options as I see them. A bigger crop of your screen may help.

Jeff S.

View is in shading w/ edges and no one overrode the stair family.

I'm just going to work around this as I'm trying not to waste too much time.

ahower
2009-08-14, 02:16 PM
If what you are about to do is a workaround, then why don't you duplicate a plan view, turn everything off but the stairs on VG overrides, then move this view on top of the RCP view on a sheet. The views will align and you'll see the stairs with risers.

On your stair view, you'll need to turn off the UP and DN arrows, and maybe override the graphics to show dashed lines or any other of your preference.

Andre Carvalho

I'm going to do this. Thanks for the advice all =)

Errolowl
2009-11-24, 07:57 PM
I would assume they're concealed. They were the stairs that came with Revit hehe (I've done several Revit jobs, but this is the first I've done with multistories).

Even if they were open though, all I can see is an outline of where they should be and the exposed steel above.

My view depth is ok too.

I just ran into this problem, and after playing around with it have found that it is based on view range. If the view range overlaps the stair in any way (bottom, cut plane, or top) all you get is a dashed outline of the stair.

I solved it by using a plan region at the stair, setting the associated level to the level below the one I wanted, making sure the top and bottom ranges are also well below the stair. The view depth is set to unlimited. The stair now shows up in the rcp with the tread lines and all that would be seen in elevation.

If this is the first flight of your stair, you may have to turn off floor slabs and other things that may now be in the way.

Hope this helps someone!

Kahla, Hazem
2018-04-12, 07:41 PM
I just ran into this problem, and after playing around with it have found that it is based on view range. If the view range overlaps the stair in any way (bottom, cut plane, or top) all you get is a dashed outline of the stair.

I solved it by using a plan region at the stair, setting the associated level to the level below the one I wanted, making sure the top and bottom ranges are also well below the stair. The view depth is set to unlimited. The stair now shows up in the rcp with the tread lines and all that would be seen in elevation.

If this is the first flight of your stair, you may have to turn off floor slabs and other things that may now be in the way.

Hope this helps someone!

You're Awesome, works :)8)