PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Family Tutorials _ Revit 2010

cjcarch
2009-08-14, 04:22 AM
I'm working my way through the 2010 tutorials in the book "Revit Architecture 2010 - No Experience Required" and I've learned a good bit, yet still have tons of learning to do.

My first project will be a mixed-use project with 123 residential units and 11,000 s.f. of retail space. I've already done the project feasibility study and am now getting ready to do the schematic design. I've done the very sketchy layouts in Autocad and will hopefully use these to get going in Revit. Once I have the schematic design phase done, I will submit it to the local Planning Board for approval.

My question: Does anyone know of any tutorials that specifically pertain to multi-family or hotels, in which the same residential unit layout is used in numerous locations? I know I need a real crash course in groups and links for this building type.

I would prefer a smaller building for my first project, but in this economy, I'm darned glad to have it. If anyone could point me in the right direction regarding multi-family or hotel tutorials, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

cjcarch
2009-08-15, 03:15 AM
OK, no bites on this question, so does anyone know of any Revit blogs that might be helpful in setting up the model for a multi-family project?
Thanks

Scott Womack
2009-08-15, 02:04 PM
Sorry Carl, I don't. There was an Unplugged session that I lead at last years Autodesk University called "Groups vs Links in Multi-Unit Residential" There's not mutch I can send you since these unplugged sessions are "round-table discussions of these topics.

Using Groups for the units can easily be done, but you have to watch VERY closely Line-based families, and any wall hosted families, and ensuring that the wall they are hosted in is a part of the group.

Links can be justas, or more effective, but take some serious getting used to the resultant workflow.