PDA

View Full Version : Walls Won't Join

alexhfw
2009-08-14, 12:04 PM
I'm sure there is something very basic that I'm missing, but it's driving me crazy. I have an exterior wall going from a lower level attached to a roof and an interior wall on the second floor that I'm trying to join to make a closet, however, it does not want me to do that. I've attached both a screenshot and a stripped down version of the project that shows the issue. I thought it might be that they weren't both attached to the roof, but they are... I also searched through the AUGI archives and (surprisingly) did not find a similar issue. Surely this is something dumb, can someone point out the obvious to me?

sbrown
2009-08-14, 12:19 PM
You have another wall that is offset and its joining with that one most likely.

alexhfw
2009-08-14, 12:48 PM
You have another wall that is offset and its joining with that one most likely.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean to say that there is another interior wall that is joined to the exterior wall, offset in some way that is preventing the second wall from joining? I'm also unclear if you mean a base or top offset, or some other kind of offset, or just that it's generally nearby. You can see in the file that the only nearby walls are exterior walls and that they are not offset at the base or top. Sorry I'm not up-to-date on the terminology...

patricks
2009-08-14, 12:58 PM
Cut a section through your exterior wall, parallel to the interior wall in question. Your exterior wall's interior face is overlapping the 2nd floor slab, and the exterior wall's top has been attached to that 2nd floor. So only a sliver of the interior portion of the exterior wall has been cut down to below the 2nd floor level, which you can't see in the 2nd floor view, and your interior wall is cut back to that interior face of the exterior wall.

alexhfw
2009-08-14, 01:41 PM
good catch. That did the trick-- not sure how that floor got displaced like that, but it's fixed now. I guess I should lock it to the interior portion of that exterior wall...