PDA

View Full Version : Default 3D view zooms WAY out in 7.0?

Steve Cashman
2004-11-08, 08:03 PM
I've noticed that a file that we upgraded from 6.1 to 7.0 zooms way out way switching to the default 3D view. I opened the previous file in 6.1 and when I select 3D view it zooms out to the appropriate depth (some white space around the model). Now, the building zooms out to a dot.

What am I doing wrong? I don't know if this is me or 7.0. I've checked all the view properties, etc. and I don't see anything that's off. I checked to see if there is something way off in space, but I can't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's tough to go to this view when it requires a bunch of Zoom Regions just to be the building back into view.

J. Grouchy
2004-11-08, 08:26 PM
Do you have an imported file in the view?

studio3p
2004-11-08, 08:27 PM
This same phenomenon happened to one of my 6.1 files. I've never been able to figure out what's happening. If anyone has an answer I would love to hear it.

Steve Cashman
2004-11-08, 08:50 PM
Do you have an imported file in the view?
Our project had two linked files - a Revit site model and an AutoCAD survey drawing. I thought that maybe Revit was struggling with those so I removed them from the project. I still get the same behavior. The building is just a dot on the screen when I select 3D view.

Parkinson
2004-11-09, 02:55 AM
This also happened to me but in 6.1. I located an in-place family that I had cut and pasted from somewhere else and it had displaced a fragment of itself miles away from the model. if this is the case perhaps you could systematically delete these inplace families and see if this affects zoom.

Autodesk Revit
2004-11-09, 03:09 AM
This also happened to me but in 6.1. I located an in-place family that I had cut and pasted from somewhere else and it had displaced a fragment of itself miles away from the model. if this is the case perhaps you could systematically delete these inplace families and see if this affects zoom.

I'll give this a try. I had weird things happen once in the past with in-place families. Thanks for the suggestion.