PDA

View Full Version : Annotation Symbol Color

oliver.p
2009-08-17, 01:12 PM
I am messing around with the symbols for the levels and I have run into this interesting problem: some of the symbols are blue while others are black. (see attachment)

All my settings are set to black: Object Styles, Line Styles, Visibility Graphics.

What am I doing wrong? Is Revit trying to tell me something?

(PS: This is Revit 2010, Update 1 applied.)

cliff collins
2009-08-17, 01:19 PM
Levels have a blue annotation color for ones which have a Plan View associated with them.

Level annotation for Levels without a Plan View appear in black automatically.

If you need them to all appear as blue, you need to create Plan Views for the Levels
which do not have Plans yet.

cheers........

gbrowne
2009-08-17, 01:20 PM
You can create levels without an associated plan. If you have done this, the level appears as black instead of blue.

gbrowne
2009-08-17, 01:22 PM
Oops, beaten to it..!

oliver.p
2009-08-17, 01:25 PM
OK, it does seem that when I have a view attached, the symbol turns blue. Non attached levels are black.

Is there a way to reverse the effect? Or, better yet, to make them all black?

oliver.p
2009-08-17, 01:29 PM
Oh, and what of this?

These are symbols for sections (in another section view). One black, one blue. (And, yes, they have a view attached).

gbrowne
2009-08-17, 01:36 PM
No way to change the colours.

I think the two different colours on that section line are just the way it displays. The "head" being blue, and the "tail" being black.

I hate to say it, but thats just how it is. Think of the benefits rather than the shortcomings..!

oliver.p
2009-08-17, 01:51 PM
Benefits... Right...

:banghead:

gbrowne
2009-08-17, 02:05 PM
I know its sucky, but don't shoot the messenger! As for benefits, I mean the interoperability, as opposed to just regular dumb cad lines..

oliver.p
2009-08-17, 02:15 PM
Yes, I know. I know. :|

It's just... just... you know?

Ah well...

Oh, I have found a solution to my section symbols. When you select the section line, you get this little rotation symbol above the annotation marks. Rotating it once turns it from blue to black.

Strange but true.

Not the solution for the levels, though, as there are no rotation symbols.

cliff collins
2009-08-17, 02:37 PM
I assume you are printing in color?

otherwise these are non-issues........

cheers

oliver.p
2009-08-17, 02:42 PM
Yes, we are printing in color.

(Plus, this also comes back when making pdf-files, which is a common occurence here as well.)