PDA

View Full Version : Authorize Revit from Demo Mode

james.137332
2009-08-17, 06:33 PM
I installed Revit 2010 using SN 000-00000000 in Demo mode. I now want to activate it as a Standalone – Locked License type. The options I have to register it involve the FLEXnet server manager – “server” or “file”. I edited the Licpath.lic under the programs folder to have a valid SN and browsed to it but it gives me an error that a “valid license could not be obtained by network license manager”. I just want enter the SN and PK to register it –is this possible?

Any insight would be appreciated - Thanks!

wmullett
2009-08-17, 06:47 PM
If you have a network license and now want one license to be stand alone, I believe you will need to have your network license re-written. You do know that you can check-out a network license (borrow) for a period of time.

james.137332
2009-08-17, 07:02 PM
The network license part has me a bit confused. I selected Demo/ Viewer mode after the install - not sure why it wants a network license now? All of our sets are standalone and I am familiar with license transfers.

Just trying to avoid a reinstall if at all possible.

Steve_Stafford
2009-08-17, 07:29 PM
If you purchased a stand-alone license then the license server isn't not needed. Sounds like you are trying to use the license server option but you probably didn't install the license server software on a server either, thus the message. You should be able to use the Register button to activate your software as stand-alone.

james.137332
2009-08-17, 09:26 PM
You should be able to use the Register button to activate your software as stand-alone.

That is what I would have though also - when I picked the register button that you highlighted the only options I had were the FLEXnet Server manager or File - neither worked.

On the last startup I was propmted to activate the program so it worked itself out - must have know I posted on here.

Thanks

Steve_Stafford
2009-08-17, 11:20 PM
Well sometimes you have to close dialogs or software to get things to stick. :wink: Glad you are back on track.