PDA

View Full Version : Window - size - subcategory

beton
2009-08-18, 04:12 AM
I created a window and was trying to change its size in the project but the property menu does not have the space for the size. It does have height & width space but it seems to be only for inputting text. On the windows that I loaded from the library I was able to change the size. Also, After creating the first window how do I add additional windows sizes to show up in the "Change Element Type" drop-down menu?

This is how the Property windows look like:

xiqx
2009-08-18, 07:53 AM
Hello mr. Concrete :)

Did you build that window you are trying to resize yourself?

could you post that family, I think there is something wrong with th parameters you applied.

cliff collins
2009-08-18, 12:53 PM
Sounds like the window is not "flexing"--meaning when you type in new values for width or height, the text changes but not the gemoetry.

You will need to open the family, and look specifically at the reference planes and dimensions from them to the extrusions which form the window frame.

The reference planes should be named "width" "height" etc, and should cause the window frame to "flex" when values under Types are changed.

I would suggest opening up a standard pre-loaded window which comes with Revit,
and take a good look at how it is set up, esp. the ref. planes and dimensions.

Also, take a look at the Help and tutorials for Families--this is a powerful, yet complex
part of the program which can be difficult to master.

cheers........