PDA

View Full Version : Revit Architectural and Structural

niki.153040
2009-08-18, 09:58 AM
I work in Revit Architecture as a freelance draughtsperson. One of my clients has just purchased Revit Structural. Does anyone know if you can take a structural design into Architectural to detail? I am still waiting for my 2010 package so I can try but it's taking forever.

Andrew Dobson
2009-08-18, 11:42 AM
I work in Revit Architecture as a freelance draughtsperson. One of my clients has just purchased Revit Structural. Does anyone know if you can take a structural design into Architectural to detail? I am still waiting for my 2010 package so I can try but it's taking forever.

I don't se why not, the file formats are the same, so you can just open it up and work on it in Revit Architecture.

I would link the Structural model in and add your bits to a separate Architectural model.

Jun Austria
2009-08-18, 02:27 PM

I havent done this in practice. But I will checkout "copy/monitor" if I were given a chance.

wmullett
2009-08-18, 03:20 PM
Are you doing structural or architectural detailing? Copy/monitor keeps the model seperate for each profession.

If you are doing structural detailing, I think you will find more useful items in the structural package but you can detail it in either place ... just use the structural model but then you need to coordinate that as well.

If you are doing the architectural, then you should have your own model and look into copy monitor.