PDA

View Full Version : Creating Conveyor Family Help

mariovona
2009-08-18, 01:46 PM
I am trying to create a Conveyor Family. I was successful in creating a parametric family that one can change the Angle of the Conveyor and the Length and Width. One problem I am having is there are Conveyor Idlers that need to be arrayed along an angular path with a Spacing parameter. Now, I can Array this and lock the group to a Reference Line with an Angular parameter. The main issue I am having is when I attach a Dimension between both arrayed groups and adding a parameter to it. When I do this, I cannot change the Angular parameter because the Arrayed group is constrained by the Dimension. Is there another way I can achieve this or is it impossible? Hope this is clear enough for everyone. Thanks.

Mario Vona

tomnewsom
2009-08-18, 01:56 PM
Trouble with Groups in families can usually be solved by creating the group as a seperate family and loading it into the main family. Otherwise known as 'nesting'

mariovona
2009-08-18, 02:11 PM
I think you misinterpreted my first thread. When you Array something it automatically turns into a Group, and yes this is also a very nested family with many nested parameters.

To clear things up, this is only one part of the family that I currently have a problem with.

Things I've done:

1. Created the Troughing Idler with its own parameters: IE. Width and Angle parameters.

2. Created a Line Based Family and Loaded the Troughing Idler into it and tried to achieve an Angular Array with Parameters such as: Length of Array, Spacing between Arrayed Groups, and the change in Angle. But in order to achieve the Spacing between Arrayed Groups one needs to Dimension it but when that happens the Dimensions are then constraining the Angle. Also I used a Reference Line and Arrayed along that line and Locked the Arrayed Groups to the Reference Line.

Hope this clears things up. Thanks

Mario Vona