PDA

View Full Version : Colours of 3D and Elevations not matching

Chad Smith
2003-09-09, 03:40 AM
Refer to attachment.

Is there any reason why the colours in my 3D and elevations do not match up? I quite like the colours on the 3D (which is part of a presentation), but do not want to give out my elevations in colour, because the colours are really in-your-face, very bold.

Are others experience the same thing with their drawings?

beegee
2003-09-09, 04:11 AM
The shaded with edges views all use a light source and the light will effect the colour viewed from different angles such as elevation and 3D.

Shaded objects take on a multitude of different "shades", from near-black to near-white based on the colour established in the shading region.

I suggest tweaking the colours in the materials to get something you're happy with. ( Settings>Materials>Colours ... look at Pantone or make a custom colour. ) Otherwise, a paint program might be the shot for a client presentation.

Martin P
2003-09-09, 08:40 AM
I have found that it sometimes helps to set the glow to 1 in the materials settings, it makes the colours more like they are selected.

Chad Smith
2003-09-09, 09:45 PM
I have found that it sometimes helps to set the glow to 1 in the materials settings, it makes the colours more like they are selected.

I have also set the smoothness and shininess values to 0, since I use VIZ instead of Accurender. The result is now close enough.