PDA

View Full Version : Callout Tags

fduraes
2009-08-19, 04:23 PM
Curently i know you can go through and hide specific elements of the callout tag. for example the "leader Line/Callout bubble" through the use of object styles and just changing the color to white so it wont print. Is it possible to create a seperate object style for callouts that i could use in the same project if people wanted to use those lines? Or am i stuck with one specific setting accross the board for the project.

cliff collins
2009-08-19, 04:25 PM
I think you could just create a new custom Callout Head family and load that into the project?

( not quite sure I really understood the question?)

cheers......

fduraes
2009-08-19, 04:28 PM
I think you could just create a new custom Callout Head family and load that into the project?

( not quite sure I really understood the question?)

cheers......

I guess basically what we are trying to do is just have the detail ball without the boundry or leader to put after text. However in doing so this limits us to only using that specific type of callout instead of choosing one with & one without the bubble/leader.

cliff collins
2009-08-19, 04:34 PM
OK--if I understand it-- this sounds very anti-BIM, and very "drafting like cadd".

In Revit, the annotation is "intelligent", and actually has a parametric
relationship to the model.

This is how the details are automatically tracked on the sheets--references
are tracked via the database.

To just place a "bubble" with some text next to it just isn't the way the software works.

You CAN, however, place a callout and select "reference other view" and select
another view from the dropdown list of current views.

Does that make sense/help?

cheers.......