PDA

View Full Version : Ramps and void extrusions

phizzman
2009-08-19, 06:51 PM
Hello Everyone!

Revit 2010

I am trying to create a (curved) ramp that has sloped bottom (and a thickened edge on one side). I thought I could just create the ramp the full thickness that I need and cut the shape out with a void extrusion.

This is preferable to creating additional material with a sweep. I am using the swept blend tool so I can select the edge I want for the profile.

However, after I create the in-place void, Revit will not let me select the ramp I want to cut. Do I need to set the category of the void to a specific type to cut the ramp? or is not possible?

Thanks for any help

Dave P.

Andre Carvalho
2009-08-19, 07:11 PM
Simple answer: Voids won't cut ramps or stairs...

Andre Carvalho

Andre Carvalho
2009-08-19, 07:19 PM
Simple workaround: Build the sloped bottom portion of the ramp as a railing. Create the ramp as a thin layer. Then create a profile with the sloped shape you need and load it as a railing that will run along the ramp to create the sloped bottom you want.

Or: Just create an in-place sweep if you prefer dealing with in place families.

Andre Carvalho

phizzman
2009-08-20, 06:18 PM
Thanks Andre,

I realized that right after I posted and just went with an in-place family. Now I have to figure out how to cut the supporting walls at the bottom of the ramp.

Dave P

Andre Carvalho
2009-08-20, 06:34 PM
Now I have to figure out how to cut the supporting walls at the bottom of the ramp.

Dave P

The workaround I did once to have wall attaching to the bottom of curved ramps, was exporting the curved ramp as a solid to AutoCAD, then creating an in place floor and importing the ramp into it. Now, because the in place family was a floor, I was able to simple select the walls and use the Attach top to floor function. Then I moved the " fake ramp" to another workset that was OFF by default.

Andre Carvalho