PDA

View Full Version : Room Data Sheet creation

Silkie
2004-11-09, 05:37 AM
Is it possible to collect all the data relating to a particular room in a building: wall, floor ceiling finishes; fixtures, furniture and equipment that are contained within it and schedule this on one sheet ?
I know all this information can be scheduled by type, I just do not know how to separate out individual items pertaining to a single room.
I have attached an example of a 'Room Data Sheet' for a previous job (non Revit)

PS. I am still languishing in Revit 6.1 until the CD for 7 finally arrives.

Gee ! My first post. Does this mean I am not a LURCHER anymore?

PeterJ
2004-11-09, 07:15 AM
You can produce a straightforward room schedule that has all the finishes information. To nschedule other items you will need to add to each of them a shared parameter that will reference room, you will then need to add the room number to each of them, which will be tedious with a large project, but you can then schedule the items using the room field as a filter and add those schedules to the sheet.

Alternatively you may look at multi-category schedules, though I have not found these as easy to get to grips with as multiple schedules.

beegee
2004-11-09, 08:29 AM
7.0 has made this process a bit easier, but still not a Room Data Schedule.

For example, in 7.0, you can prepare a Furniture Schedule, then add fields to that schedule for all the room data such as Finishes, Levels, Room Names, Room Numbers etc. You could sort that schedule a variety of ways, to get furniture grouped by Room and totalled per room

What you can’t do with this new method, is to combine a furniture schedule with an Equipment and a Plumbing Schedule for instance, to produce a Room data Sheet.

Silkie
2004-11-09, 10:00 PM
Thankyou, PeterJ and beegee for your prompt replies. I guess I'll revisit this when we eventually get the Revit 7CD.
(sorry beegee but I think it is time to ditch those ?$%3@ penguins, they become very distracting (annoying) after a while)