PDA

View Full Version : Plant libraries

PaulB
2003-09-09, 07:45 AM
Just found this web site with some interesting plant renderings. Doesn't seem to work with Revit, yet, but does work with ADT & Viz. Also seems rather expensive but does look like it has good features.

http://www.bionatics.com/
Has anyone come across this before.

This is my first post so hope I got the link correct.

beegee
2003-09-09, 08:10 AM
Yes, they are good looking plants. With Viz possibly coming in R6, these could be useful.
However, at $US 60-00 per tree, I might have to grow my own.

Vincent Valentijn
2003-09-09, 02:01 PM
Seen that before.. Digimation has -SpeedTreeMAX- and I'm sure I've seen other apps doing similar things too.
I for one like the RPC stuff [also trees/cars/etc..] specially since they can't just be used in MAX.. but in other software too.
Revit too [the sample-people coming with Revit are RPC too you know].. I just don't know how to make an RPC into a rvt-file. I haven't tried that yet, I'm into other stuff at the moment.
The nicest thing is that you can construct your own RPC's.. if you want them perfect you put in pictures 360deg around the object, but if you enter a single pic, that's what will show from all angles. :wink: quite nice.
oh.. the great bonus is that it doesn't push up renderingtimes.. they are just a single polygon.