PDA

View Full Version : Reactivation Limit Reached

ctc
2009-08-21, 04:04 PM
I have had to reinstall my Vista Business 64 operating system and Revit 2010 with update on a stand alone system.

When attempting to activate the product I receive the message:

Reactivation Limit Reached
You have exceeded the number of times you can receive an activation code to reactivate your product on this computer.

Any insight would be appreciated.

peterjegan
2009-08-21, 04:22 PM
You will probably have to call adesk and talk to a human being.

We have standalones and have to move licenses all the time.

We use the License Transfer Utility. It removes and stores your license(s) and allows you to put them on another machine or back on the original.

It worked great on 2009, and my IT guy says it works even better on 2010.

aaronrumple
2009-08-21, 04:31 PM
We use the License Transfer Utility. It removes and stores your license(s) and allows you to put them on another machine or back on the original.

I haven't used the 2010 transfer yet. Does it allow you to park your license during a re-build of a machine. In the past you needed the code for the target machine ahead of time if I recall correctly. (been a while)

peterjegan
2009-08-21, 04:54 PM
I haven't actually used it for 2010, but our IT guy has.

He says no, you don't need to know the target machine ahead of time. It stores your license at the autodesk website and gives it back when you need it. And it worked great for us....

aaronrumple
2009-08-21, 05:00 PM
I haven't actually used it for 2010, but our IT guy has.

He says no, you don't need to know the target machine ahead of time. It stores your license at the autodesk website and gives it back when you need it. And it worked great for us....

Thanks - good to know.

patricks
2009-08-21, 05:43 PM
Wow yes, most definitely good to know. I actually didn't know about that and just re-installed 2010 on my home machine after my HDD crashed. Whenever I get a new HDD and new 64-bit OS and install everything fresh on my work machine, I'll give this a try.

*edit* Is this anything like the Portable License Utility in 2009?

ctc
2009-08-21, 08:17 PM
You will probably have to call adesk and talk to a human being.

We have standalones and have to move licenses all the time.

It worked great on 2009, and my IT guy says it works even better on 2010.

Thank you, This may help on my next HD clean install. In the mean time, I've emailed support. They asked me why I needed to reactivate the software. I told them that I did a complete clean install. I hope that is all there is to it.

peterjegan
2009-08-22, 01:44 AM
Yes, it appears the 2010 License Transfer Utility replaces the 2009 Portable License Utility. It shows up in the start menu in the corresponding place.