mj_lampad@yahoo.com
2009-08-23, 10:13 AM
Hi

How can I create a good 3d view w/out distorted lines

Because I used that as my perspective view

thanks

Andre Carvalho
2009-08-23, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question, but 3D views for perspectives can be created by accessing the View > New > Camera option. Select the location point and the target point and it will generate a 3D perspective for you. You can see in plan the location of the camera, but playing with that may cause distortion of the view.

Andre Carvalho

barrie.sharp
2009-08-24, 08:27 AM
Not sure quite what you're after either so in addition to Andre's comments, you can switch on anti-alias in the graphics settings.

mj_lampad@yahoo.com
2009-08-28, 06:55 AM
Andre was true placing camera will also create distortions of line but I will try what you trying to say may be it can help

Jun Austria
2009-08-29, 01:09 AM
Hi

How can I create a good 3d view w/out distorted lines

Because I used that as my perspective view

thanks

Not exactly sure, but heres my guessed. Make sure the "Eye and Target Elevation" are the same value. This will give you a 2 point perspective view. A common practice in architectural rendering. If the value is not equal , this will give you a 3 point perspective view common in a real world camera.

kpaxton
2009-08-29, 08:03 PM
To add to what has already been said...

When you create the Camera's 3-perspective view, you're image will be contained within a Crop Boundary box (the "frame").

This box, when selected, will have pull grips on their edges allowing you to resize the crop. Be careful NOT to adjust these too much as this will distort the edges of the view - causing a bad 'fisheye', especially if you zoom in and out.
You can increase 'resolution' or the size of the window by selecting this crop box, then selecting "Size Crop" from the ribbon (in 2010) or 'Size" button in the Options Bar (in 2009). (NOTE: Size of the window/crop is how large it will be when placed on a Sheet)
Make sure when you're changing the size, to check the 'Scale' button at the botton to keep the proportions of the view. If you choose 'Field of View' - you can quickly distort the view or viewpoint. (This is the same as pulling on the pull-grips)
If you make a mistake and the view is TOO distorted, the quickest fix is to start over! - Delete the 3D-Perspective view and remake the view from scratch in a Plan View.
If the Eye & Target level are of different values (ie: you're looking down or up at the building), you will always have a natural distortion (3 point perspective). To minimize this, start with your Camera further away from the building, then use Zoom to move closer to the building. (You may need to experiment with these settings)
A LOT of errors (or bad perspectives) start because the camera was placed TOO close to the building!! Start further away, then Zoom, Pan or Orbit from the Navigation Wheel.Hope this helps.
Kyle
(Remember: Posting a picture/screenshot will help us to understand your problems better!)