PDA

View Full Version : Need a nice word from you all

dpasa
2004-11-09, 03:44 PM
What do you think of my two renderings?
Be nice please :-)

No, seriously say what you feel, I want to get better and you can help me with an honest opinion...

Mod: I fixed the images ...they should work now

Yman
2004-11-09, 04:27 PM
I can't preview your images? I can see other peoples images.

Y

SkiSouth
2004-11-09, 05:58 PM
I can't preview your images? I can see other peoples images.

Y

same here, just right click and download. Only way I could see the piks.

Roger Evans
2004-11-09, 06:29 PM
Download is same Size as thumbnail here

christopher.zoog51272
2004-11-09, 06:31 PM
they were posted in CMYK colorspace, browsers can't display this. I changed them to RGB mode, should work fine now.

-z

Les Therrien
2004-11-09, 06:55 PM
It looks somewhat distorted. Like a 1 point perspective. Or does the design actually have lightly sloping walls?
I would say in general it needs something. Maybe more texture to the stucco? or something. It looks like candy.

I hope I'm not being too critical, since I've seen many of your renderings before, so I know what you're capable of. Something is not right. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Andre Baros
2004-11-09, 07:31 PM
General comments:
1. Are there columns missing?
2. The upward looking camera is distracting in this situation, keeping the target and camera planar and playing with the cropping could help.
3. The RPC's blend in pretty well but the hard edge where the rendered site meets the background is harsh. Changing the camera might help this too.
4. The materials are pretty flat... but that might be more of an Accurender issue... maybe some post production work in photo something could add some texture.

Les Therrien
2004-11-09, 07:38 PM
Chris,

I noticed that you have 2 different types/coloured balusters. Is this suppose to be this way?
Also, typical of comuter renderings, the building is always on perfectly flat ground. Maybe some changes in elevation to the topography.
How about something in the way of foliage up against the building.

frame
2004-11-09, 07:43 PM
Very post-modern/surreal looking architecture. Reminds me of Dali, and Esher.
The distortion, abstract landscape, and overt complexity and contradiction add to the flavor of this one. I'd say keep going--take it further into this playful, surreal realm.

Roger Evans
2004-11-09, 07:50 PM
Yes I'd agree with Frame .. I like the method

but from a design point of view I do find different columns / balconies & especially the lack of columns on lower levels a bit disconcerting

still want to see more though

frame
2004-11-09, 08:11 PM
yeah--that is what adds to the surrealism in my opinion. Its like looking at one of those Escher drawings--you can't wrap your mind around the whole thing due to the visual contradictions.

Roger Evans
2004-11-10, 01:18 AM
Yup ..... it grows on you

Arnel Aguel
2004-11-13, 06:38 AM
Distortion is always a problem with any rendering program once you set your camera to look up except in viz/max where you can apply camera correction modifier where any vertical element will remain vertical no matter how high your camera will look up.

Mapping and colors are very flat need some improvement.

BillyGrey
2004-11-13, 05:05 PM
I have to agree with the minority here.
I also appreciate the surreal quality of this work, and at first glance, was
stuck by the compositions. I also happen to like the lack of texture of the building skin, and
I think this may be intentional.

I must say that 99% of computer generated Arch Renderings are so much the same...
I found this refreshing.

Look forward, keep em coming.