PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to make a 3D..

adam_J
2009-08-25, 06:41 PM
Hello all. I was wondering what is the best way to make a 3D rendering of a property. I would like to make a complete rendering of a site on which I may build a house in the future. I cn get a surface layer or topo by taking a whole slew of GPS shots, but what is the best program to use to make a complete rendering?

Thanks

Oh, I'm a civil engineer with knowledge of Revit, Civil3D and access to almost any program out there through my company.

thanks again..

jsteinhauer
2009-08-25, 08:25 PM
Hello all. I was wondering what is the best way to make a 3D rendering of a property. I would like to make a complete rendering of a site on which I may build a house in the future. I cn get a surface layer or topo by taking a whole slew of GPS shots, but what is the best program to use to make a complete rendering?

Thanks

Oh, I'm a civil engineer with knowledge of Revit, Civil3D and access to almost any program out there through my company.

thanks again..

Revit is not the best option for large sites. I would start the site in Civil3D, then import it into Revit. There is information out there to describe the process. If what you are looking to do is just render the blank site, you could get away with it inside of Revit. I would be careful of the number of nodes you place in to Topo surface. The more you add the more it will need to regenerate. We did a 100 acre site for a project in Revit & it was painful. But, I did a 40 acre site with few split surfaces and it was fine. In the 40 acre site, there was no site furnishings roads, trees or other buildings. Just the Topo.

I hope this helps.

Jeff S.

adam_J
2009-08-29, 04:37 PM
Thanks. It is just a couple acres.. I think 5 or so.

THanks again