PDA

View Full Version : Change True North Angle

kirsten.154952
2009-08-25, 09:23 PM
So, I have set my true north angle to be 150 degrees West of the project north angle. We now want to rotate the house 10 degrees, so I need to change that angle to 160 degrees. I have looked thru a bunch of threads but have not seen anything that says how to change it once you've set it. I have tried Settings, Manage locations, but it won't let me change the angle. And if you go to Tools, there is no longer the option to "rotate true north", only to "rotate project north".

Is there any easy way to do this once you've 'set' true north the first time? Can't just rotate the model, because then project north is off. And in terms of pasting everything into a new project, not sure I'll be able to select everything, and I'd have to redo layouts. Any help would be much, much appreciated. Thank you!!!

patricks
2009-08-25, 09:37 PM
Your view must be oriented to True North to be able to rotate true north, for one thing. Other than that I'm not sure what the issue is, because I have rotated true north several times on a project before, without issue.

kirsten.154952
2009-08-26, 02:45 PM
Hi patricks,

I have my site view set to true north, but when I go to Tools, Project Position/Orientation, it does not give me the option to rotate True North (see attached pic). Hm, wonder if I have done something without realizing it to make it so?

Thanks,

Kirsten

kirsten.154952
2009-08-26, 02:51 PM
patricks,

I figured something out - not sure if this is correct Reviting for the future, though!

In going to Tools / Shared Coordinates / Specify Coordinates at a Point, I can change the angle (I'm unfamiliar with this process so perhaps that's what I should have tried in the first place!)