PDA

View Full Version : Split Face Problem

beton
2009-08-27, 07:54 PM
I have a wall that will not work with Split Face command and I was wondering why.
This is the structure of it.

Steve_Stafford
2009-08-27, 08:07 PM
Not positive that this is the cause but the Wall layers ought to be configured differently.

Exterior Side
Finish 1 [4] (This is intended for an exterior finish layer)
Substrate [2}
Core Boundary
Structure [1]
Core Boundary
Finish 2 [5] (This is intended for a interior finish layer)
Interior Side

Notice the numbers in brackets? They represent the order of construction... Structure first, Substrate next, Thermal/Air, finish exterior then finish interior. For interior partitions you can use Finish 2 [5] for both interior and exterior finishes. Just compare with stock walls for clarification. These help Revit understand how wall layers are supposed to clean up with one another.

wmullett
2009-08-27, 08:08 PM
Because you have no faces.... only a core. Move your finishes at least outside the core.

beton
2009-08-28, 04:42 AM
I got the layers rearranged but I did forget to mention that I'm trying to do this on a radius wall and it does not want to pick a face

wmullett
2009-08-28, 12:02 PM
Then that is your problem. You can not get a normal view on a radiused wall so you can not use the splitface tool.

cliff collins
2009-08-28, 05:47 PM
You will probably be better off using a stacked wall for having different materials
and patterns/layout on a curved wall.

cheers........

dgreen.49364
2009-08-28, 06:02 PM
You can use the regular Split command for a radius wall. You can use that command to split a wall horizontally.

beton
2009-08-28, 07:06 PM
I ended up using a ref plane that was set to the slope I wanted and made two separate walls and attached it to that ref plane.

I need to try a regular Split command and see what it does, it might be faster.

Steve_Stafford
2009-08-28, 08:14 PM
On an angle the split tool won't help...straight cuts only, across or up/down.

beton
2009-08-29, 01:51 AM
Didn't try it and now I will not. My Wacom mouse is giving me hell and the little cockroach of a laser rf mouse is eating batteries like crazy and all I got left is a Wacom pen. So thanks for the heads up Steve. I would be picking points on the tablet with this stupid pen until an available eyeball came around.