PDA

View Full Version : Floor Plan Callout can't duplicate type

belinda.66428
2009-08-28, 05:21 AM
I can understand most of Revits little quirks but this one I can't wrap my head around. Can someone explain to me why a Floor Plan callout can't be duplicated. I would really like our template to have Construction Plan Details, and enlarged Plan Details for wet areas etc. Adding it as a project parameter requires the staff member to manually add it in and this is not an option I am fond of. If someone could enlighten me on its reasoning that would be greatly appreciated.:roll:

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-08-28, 06:34 AM
Not sure of the reasoning but you can use a Detail Callout instead and duplicate that.

belinda.66428
2009-08-28, 07:07 AM
Thanks for that one....The only problem is some things don't work when you use a detail callout.

wmullett
2009-08-28, 12:07 PM
There are two view options when you make a detail callout in a plan view. Be careful - a callout "floor plan" works just like a floor plan. A detail view "detail" looks the same but additional callouts including sections placed in this view will not show up in any other view.

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-08-28, 03:07 PM
A detail view "detail" looks the same but additional callouts including sections placed in this view will not show up in any other view.

It is true that you can't 'nest' floor plan callouts but you can place sections and create other detail callouts and place sections in detail callout views.
If the sections don't appear in other views you may want to check your 'hide at scales coarser than' setting in the instance properties of the section.

Belinda,
what things do you to 'work' that don't in the detail callout?

belinda.66428
2009-08-31, 02:59 AM
Belinda,

The major item is it appearing in the Project Browser under Floor Plans. I realise I can add in shared/project paramters to organise this but I just wanted Revit to do it.
We also use the colour schemes as a background to highlight what areas they may relate to. Changing the view depth has also become an issue before.

Thanks for your help Dimitri but I think it is just that one step away from what i'd like it to do. :)

gbenjamin.arch
2009-10-13, 03:52 PM
I have a question related to this issue:

Is it possible to turn a floor plan callout into a detail callout? It just seems odd to me that when you create the callout initially in a floor plan that it gives you the option of being a floor plan or detail (in the type selector), but unable to easily switch between the two options (key word easily).

Meh
2011-06-24, 05:06 PM
It is true that you can't 'nest' floor plan callouts but you can place sections and create other detail callouts and place sections in detail callout views.
If the sections don't appear in other views you may want to check your 'hide at scales coarser than' setting in the instance properties of the section.

Belinda,

For one, you can't set a "view range" in a detail callout like you can in a floorplan callout. So your enlarged stair plans cannot show above or below certain levels.

patricks
2011-06-24, 06:57 PM
I tend to prefer floor plan callouts to be created as floor plan views. Then simply use a prefix such as "Enlarged Plan @ Whatever" and then all your enlarged plans will show up together in the project browser.