PDA

View Full Version : Overlaping Rooms - room on Ramp over another

AJGKennedy
2009-08-28, 06:33 PM
I am having troubles getting Revit to create the full room boundaries for a room I have on a ramp that goes over another room... It want to stop the rooms boundary at the wall of the room below... is there some way I can get this to work... these room are both from the same level just the one does over lap the other partly in the end... fun, fun, fun... I want it to calculate the areas... correctly...

Steve_Stafford
2009-08-28, 07:18 PM
A room on a ramp, interesting! Can you post a section image cutting through the space?

AJGKennedy
2009-08-28, 07:30 PM
A room on a ramp, interesting! Can you post a section image cutting through the space?

Think... Parking Garages...

I was trying to divide the floor plate into logical areas including the ramped areas... but catch... Garages... at least this one all floors slope... and sooner or later one level crosses another... and surprise you get one room that is over another...

I even thought I would try putting the lower room on a lower floor (call it lower level 1) and place the ramp on high level 1... but it seems to have problems due to the fact that the wall cuts the plane I think at some point that even the higher level 1 doesn't like...

Oh well no luck yet..

Steve_Stafford
2009-08-28, 08:09 PM
I see now, rooms that aren't really rooms. Maybe area plans would work better? You can create different layouts for each level. For rooms you need to watch their upper limit and the floors obviously need to be room bounding. A section image would at least show how close things, their relationships.