PDA

View Full Version : Divided Surface Constraints

al
2009-08-31, 03:40 PM
I cannot figure out why some of the panels extend beyond the surface. The Border Tile is set to Partial. I've tried many different combinations of settings in the surface properties.

The 1st image is with Belt Measurement 1 on the U grid. The 2nd is with Belt Measurement 0 on the U Grid. This obviously affects the panels but I don't understand the values and I can't get all the panels to justify.

jeffh
2009-08-31, 03:54 PM
Pannel trimming behavior can be diffucult to predict sometimes. This looks like a case that should be submitted to support for further investigation. They can at least send to development so it can be detirmined exactly what is causing the pannels to not trim.

Chances are if you use a smaller u & v grid dimension the pannels will cut correctly.

al
2009-08-31, 04:15 PM
I did try increasing the number of panels. See attached. It just generates more panels that extend beyond.

I guess I will submit to Autodesk - I suspect there are some calculation issues with this particular surface.

Thank you.

AP23
2009-09-01, 10:36 AM
I had the same issue on the facades of a hotel project. If i'm not mistaken, this is a known issue at autodesk. The workaround for this is to set the border to empty and create in-place custom panels. 5 panels will do, but 600 custom edge panels would be deadly. In that case, use another software like Digital Projects or Generative Components.

ELB-Revit
2009-12-01, 09:53 PM
Pannel trimming behavior can be diffucult to predict sometimes. This looks like a case that should be submitted to support for further investigation. They can at least send to development so it can be detirmined exactly what is causing the pannels to not trim.

Chances are if you use a smaller u & v grid dimension the pannels will cut correctly.

Jeff,
have there been any updates to Revit that will cure this problem since your post. I am having the same problem. thank you in advance.

eric brown

jeffh
2009-12-01, 10:01 PM
Jeff,
have there been any updates to Revit that will cure this problem since your post. I am having the same problem. thank you in advance.

eric brown

The behavior MIGHT be better with the most recent updates if you don't already have them installed it might be worth a try.

Development is working hard to resolve these kinds of issues for future releases.

ELB-Revit
2009-12-02, 09:26 PM
The behavior MIGHT be better with the most recent updates if you don't already have them installed it might be worth a try.

Development is working hard to resolve these kinds of issues for future releases.

jeff,
thanks for your quick response. i have already updated our side with sp2 and the current hotfixes. i am anxiously awaiting this fix, as well as quite a few others.... thanks again.

eric

jhalaby
2010-03-12, 09:08 PM
I am having the same problem. If my number of V grids goes above 7, then only a few of the panels will get trimmed properly. With different values for the number of V grids there is a different set of panels that do not trim, seemingly at random.

I hope a solution is released soon because most of the surface panel functionality has evaporated for me...

Jason