PDA

View Full Version : Double Click Big 'R' Closes Revit???

Batman
2009-09-02, 03:32 AM
Holy c**p f****rs Batman...

Double click the big 'R' button top left of Revit shuts down Revit. Does this happen to everyone?

Chad Smith
2009-09-02, 05:00 AM
Yes.

That is actually a Windows convention. If you click on the top-left icon in other programs such as Windows Explorer or RAC 2009, you will notice it has a menu with Close at the bottom. Double Clicking activates this Close comand. It's been this way since forever.

aaronrumple
2009-09-02, 01:39 PM
It's been this way since forever.

Sort of - non-ribbon windows ddin't associate the File functions with the icon - so there was little possibility that anyone would double click the upper left icon (...did anyone ever even click on it?)

patricks
2009-09-02, 01:40 PM
In other words, all Windows applications behave this way. It's just that Revit 2010 just happens to have a larger icon to click on, as compared to other programs with the icon in the standard window title bar.

brethomp
2009-09-02, 02:20 PM
All of the Microsoft Office 2007 products have the same functionality. Double-click the Office button and the application will close. And the Office applications seem to be the template for the Autodesk ribbons, although the ribbons in Office are much better looking then the Autodesk copies.

wadeshuey
2009-09-02, 02:44 PM
Thats funny.... What a train wreck

gwnelson
2009-09-02, 03:13 PM
It's just that Revit 2010 just happens to have a larger icon to click on...

Revit does everything bigger. Bigger RAM hog, Ribbon, command icons, Red 'R', etc. We go to 11.

gwnelson
2009-09-02, 03:17 PM
I just noticed that ACAD has a bright red A. Too bad I can't dbl click to make it go away.

mbeham
2009-09-02, 04:57 PM
No worries, even though it closes revit, if you havent saved it will prompt you for a save first. First thing i noticed when i opened 2010 and accidentally hit the "R"

William Troeak
2009-09-02, 11:59 PM
Sounds like a new rule....

No double clicking on the Application Menu......who would have thought.

Batman
2009-09-03, 12:01 AM
Thanks, didn't know that Chad.

The only reason I found out was because at the initial start of Revit, while it's still a bit laggy, I tend to try to get up and running as quickly as possible so click on the big 'R' (to access the file menu), and since it's laggy there is no quick response so after a couple of seconds (longer than my double click interval) I would click it again.

Low and behold the whole app just closes, couldn't understand why? It seems to hold the first mouse click in memory for a little while longer than it should.

Gives me slight pain in my anuoss wholes.

TroyGates
2009-09-03, 12:07 AM
I must be odd because I almost always use the system menu to close programs. Its always right above the file menu in most programs. I think Apple got it right by putting their close window button on the left instead of the right like Windows.